Features of a certificate of non-participation in privatization

Why might you need a certificate of absence of privatization?

This document is taken to prove that you have not previously participated in the housing privatization procedure. That is, they did not receive any real estate from the state. This matters at the time when you are carrying out the privatization procedure. In the Russian Federation, this opportunity is given only once. Among other documents provided to the MFC at the stage of submitting documents for privatization (certificate of payment for all utilities, cadastral passport, registration extracts from the house register, technical passport, social tenancy agreement or warrant, passports), this certificate is also required.

What should the document itself look like?

A document indicating non-participation in the privatization procedure is drawn up according to Form No. 2. It is called “Notification of the absence of the requested information in the unified state register of rights to real estate and transactions with it.” It indicates the type of information required and standard information about the copyright holder contained in these documents: date of birth, citizenship, series and number of passport, registration. It also contains information about the registration of each tenant and the characteristics of family ties between the owner of the social tenancy agreement and other residents who have a residence permit. The document is signed by the leading specialist-expert of the Federal Service for State Registration, Cadastre and Cartography.

There is no difference between a document for a room, apartment, land plot or residential building.


In any case, when registering a new privatization for residential premises, the department requests data on actions that were once performed, that is, this is archival data.

And there is no point in worrying about the expiration of the certificate of non-participation in privatization - you cannot change the past in any way, and if you have never taken part in the program, then this does not depend in any way on the validity of the document, you will never be in it anyway took part.

How to privatize a garage in a garage cooperative is described in the article: privatization of a garage in a garage cooperative. Find out about the refusal of privatization and the right to lifelong residence here.

How to privatize a room in a dorm, read the link.

Who should I contact for help?

Information about the privatized area and property is stored in the state register of rights to real estate and transactions with it (USRP). Access to this information is limited and cannot be obtained freely, but this can be done through intermediary organizations. The easiest way is to contact your local BTI (technical inventory bureau). It is they who archive all the inventory files for residential properties and transfer them to the same register of rights to real estate.

Important to note:

  • BTI provides information on the presence or absence of ownership of real estate in the period 1991–1998;
  • This certificate can only be obtained by the owner of the property for which information is requested. This can also be done by his authorized representative, confirmed by law. When applying, you will need a document confirming your identity;
  • You need to contact the BTI at the location of the property in which the citizen was previously registered. That is, if you were registered in other cities, you need to send a request to the local BTI of these cities;
  • if you were a citizen of another state, then you do not need to send requests to the BTI in that country. Property in other states does not need to be indicated on the certificate.

You can try to apply for a document at the passport and visa center or the chamber of cadastre and cartography through the state multifunctional center, as well as at Rosreestr.


During the privatization process, each person may encounter special circumstances that disrupt the standard course of events, so it is impossible to predict all possible problems in advance. One of the most frequently asked questions is “where do you get a document confirming the absence of participation in privatization?”

I live in another region

If your previous place of residence was in another region and it is quite problematic to obtain a certificate of non-participation in privatization directly, you can make a written request to the BTI at the previous address.

Such a decision will take some time, but if it is not possible to go there in person, then you will have to wait.

Room privatization

In the matter of privatization of residential premises, there are no differences between an apartment and a room, therefore, when privatizing a room, you will still need a certificate of non-participation in privatization.

Fill out the application

To receive the required certificate, you need to fill out an application. It indicates the series and number of the passport, date of birth, and residential address. Then you can enter in the application of your family members the place and time of drawing up the document. And do not forget to express the request for the issuance of the document.

If you submit an application to different regional BTIs, you must indicate the period of residence in this region.

One sample application must be accompanied by:

  • copy of passport;
  • copies of passports of family members indicated in the application;
  • other identification documents (birth certificate, marriage certificate);
  • a receipt for payment of the fee (the fee is paid to the state register account for an extract of rights to real estate, but not to the BTI).

The application will need to indicate the purpose of the requested document. If a certificate is needed at the time of completing the privatization procedure for municipal housing, then you should indicate your intentions in the column as clearly and concisely as possible.

Where can I get a certificate of non-participation in privatization?

You need to apply for a certificate from the unified state register of rights to real estate and transactions made with it. This can only be done by technical service bureau employees who are contacted with an application. Therefore, first of all, you need to go to the BTI at the location of the property to get a certificate.

Through the state multifunctional center (MFC), you can contact the BTI at early registration places where you cannot appear in person. They will help you submit a written request to the department you need and speed up the process of receiving a response. The MFC will not provide information if you request a certificate that proves the non-use of the right to privatize property in the period from 1991 to 1998. You should apply for it only to the regional technical inventory bureaus.

Registration of housing ownership

When thinking about privatizing housing, you should study in detail all the pros and cons of such a decision.

For example, the advantages of having property include the following:

  • the ability to use the apartment as you wish, including selling it, exchanging it, donating it and renting it out;
  • a privatized apartment remains even after the death of the owner and is inherited;
  • privatized residential premises can be used as collateral in case of obtaining a loan.

However, we cannot ignore the disadvantages of this process, which may cause some people to delay making a decision:

  • homeowners must pay property taxes every year, which promises to rise significantly in the near future;
  • If for those people who live under a social rental agreement, part of the amount for utility bills is paid by housing and communal services, then in privatized housing they will have to pay the entire amount. However, some regions of Russia have already switched to 100% payment, so this may threaten everyone else;
  • The homeowner is obliged to participate in the maintenance of the house and pay monthly fees for major repairs.

In any case, everyone decides for themselves whether they need privatization, but it is always useful to familiarize yourself with all the nuances.

If necessary, accelerated privatization of the apartment can be carried out. Is it possible to sue for a share in a privatized apartment? Read here.

List of documents

Privatization of residential premises requires a large number of different documents that must be submitted to the Technical Inventory Bureau (BTI) or the Multifunctional Center (MFC).

The main documents include:

  1. Order or social tenancy agreement for an apartment. This is one of the most important documents, without which the process simply will not take place. If it is not available, then it can be ordered at the Unified Information and Payment Center (EIRC).
  2. Technical passport showing the technical plan of the apartment. It can be obtained from the BTI.
  3. Cadastral passport, indicating in detail the exact area of ​​the apartment, its layout and location.
  4. An extract from the house register, in which you can find all the necessary information about the people currently registered in this apartment. The extract can be obtained at the passport office, but it is valid for only 14 days.
  5. Extract from the Unified State Register of Rights to Real Estate and Transactions with It (USRP). This statement is paid and is valid for no more than 30 days from the date of receipt. Those who do not know how much the extract costs should pay the state fee - 220 rubles. It can be ordered at the MFC or the Registration Chamber.
  6. An extract from the unified state register of rights to real estate and transactions with it in form 3. This extract will indicate whether the person participating in the privatization has any real estate.
  7. A personal account for the apartment, demonstrating the presence of any debts to pay for utilities. The invoice can be obtained at the passport office.
  8. Passports of all people registered in the apartment and who agree to privatization, as well as birth certificates of minor children.
  9. Certificate of non-participation in privatization.

In addition, in different cases you may need some additional documents, including those from the registration authority, which will be communicated to you separately.

What other documents are required to obtain a certificate?

First of all, a previously completed application with a request for an extract and a photocopy of the passport is submitted to the BTI, MFC or Rosreestr. Also, the government agency providing the service may require:

  • social rental agreement;
  • archival extract of registration from the house register;
  • current extract from the house register.

If the request does not come personally from a participant in the privatization process, you must provide a notarized power of attorney.

Documents have different validity periods, be sure to check them to ensure they meet all requirements before submitting.

Documents for privatization

Read about privatization at market value in the article: how much does privatization cost?

Read who is entitled to free privatization here.

Main list

It includes:

Statementwith a request to transfer the ownership of this property to the specified persons. It is written by adults and children aged 14 to 18 years. If someone does not want to participate, then it is necessary to submit a notarized refusal
Personal documents of applicantsThese include:
  • passport of a citizen of the Russian Federation;
  • birth certificate if the applicant is under 14 years of age
Documents for the propertyall technical and cadastral documentation
Documents confirmingthat the applicants have the right to use the facility legally:
  1. Social tenancy agreement.
  2. Move-in warrant.
  3. Acts of public authorities that provided the privatized object for use

Other documents that can confirm the legality of use:

When privatizing an apartmentmust be submitted:
  • an extract from the house register about the number of citizens registered in a given living space. It is valid for 1 month;
  • an extract from the personal account stating that this apartment does not have any debt on utility bills. This document is also valid for 1 month from the date of its issue
When privatizing a land plotdocumentation:
  1. Certificate of membership in GSK and full payment of the share.
  2. Certificate of membership in a gardening partnership or cooperative.
  3. If there are buildings on the site, then a certificate from the BTI about their value
A certificate stating that the applicantdid not take part in privatization. This document must be submitted if one of the applicants comes from another area

Additionally required

Depending on the situation, you may need:

Death certificate of one of the citizenswhich are included in the social lease agreement or in the move-in order
Documents confirming the change of nameif there is a difference in documents and in fact
Address confirmation certificateif there is a discrepancy
If a child is indicated in the social tenancy agreementwho is currently checked out of this living space, he will still participate in the transaction, but he must provide an extract from the house register at his place of residence
Permission from the guardianship and trusteeship authoritiesif the transaction involves a child under guardianship
In case of passport replacementafter 01.07.1991 - a certificate with the data of previous passports
Notarised power of attorneyif only one acts on behalf of several applicants. The same document will be required if citizens hire a specialist
Other documents

Who issues a certificate of non-participation

It is issued by the BTI at the place of registration of the applicant upon presentation of his passport.

Such a certificate is provided if a citizen comes from another administrative entity.

And how much to pay?

In fact, a certificate of non-participation in privatization is issued by the state free of charge. Applications submitted through the MFC and the local administration (these institutions process information about the property in which the citizen has been registered exclusively since 1998) are processed by the authorities independently and do not require any investment at all.

A slightly different situation arises when contacting the BTI. As already mentioned, in this case you will have to pay a state fee - 220 rubles. This is due to the fact that the BTI will apply for an extract from the archives of the Unified State Register of Real Estate, confirming the absence of other housing in the property, which in turn is paid.

If you have to apply for a certificate through Rosreestr, then there is also an extract fee ranging from 500–2000 rubles. The specific amount depends on the number of real estate owned by the customer.

Cost and terms

The timing and cost of providing a certificate of non-participation in privatization may vary depending on which institution you contacted and how many residential addresses you have changed since 1991.

In the State Budgetary Institution "My Documents"

Obtaining a certificate from this institution will cost you absolutely free. You must come to any MFC branch with your passport and submit the appropriate application.

After 14 days (maybe more if you have changed your place of residence), you will be given an appointment and asked to appear for the required certificate.

In Rosreestr

This authority will take 10 days to consider your application, but you must pay a state fee of 300 rubles.

A passport or birth certificate must be attached to the application (if the privatization participant is a child under 14 years of age)

( 1 rating, average 4 out of 5 )
Did you like the article? Share with friends: